Power, Privilege, and the Pursuit of Justice: Legal Challenges in Precarious Times
The meeting’s theme aims to incite debate on the challenges that will define law and society over the next decade. The financial crisis that struck in 2008 still rends the economy, politics, law, and society. How will polarized politics, rapid technological change, and global shifts in economic power affect law and society over the next years, domestically and transnationally?
Please note: if you are in Singapore and need to purchase a conference registration, please contact the LSA office at email@example.com prior to purchase.
- The Welcome Reception (cash bar) will be on Thursday, May 30 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
The Association Luncheon, Presidential Address and Awards Ceremony will be on Saturday, June 1, from 12:30pm to 2:00pm.
- You can still purchase the $45 tickets for the luncheon if you didn't during the registration process. First, login to your LSA Account and then go to Dues and Donations in the left menu to purchase the luncheon ticket. See the 2013 award winners.
- General Meeting Sessions will run from Thursday, May 30, 8:15am - 6:15pm, through Sunday June 2, ending at noon on Sunday.
- Sessions are one hour and forty-five minutes in length with thirty minute lunch break.
- Annual 5k Fred DuBow Memorial Fun Run is Saturday morning, June 1, 6:45am. Open to all. Assemble for the Run at the Dalton Street entrance of the Sheraton. This year's Run will be in memory of the victims of the Boston marathon bombings and in solidarity with the people of Boston.
- Don't miss the Local Reception sponsored by Suffolk University Law School at 120 Tremont Street 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., Saturday, June 1. It's a pleasant 1.5 mile walk to and through Boston Common or a ten-minute ride on the Green Line subway. Bus transportation is available for those with limited mobility. Admittance is free to the first 600 people. Tickets will be available at the Registration Desk on Saturday, June 1,from 8:00am to 5:00pm, on a first come, first served basis. All ticketed attendees will be required to wear their name badges while on Suffolk Law School premises.
We are no longer accepting changes to the Final Program. If you need to withdraw your participation in the Annual Meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: There may be photography, audio or video recording at the conference. By entering the event premises you give consent to the use of your photograph, likeness or video or audio recording in whole or in part without restriction or limitation for any educational, promotional, or any purpose for distribution in online and printed publications or any publication in other media and release the organization, their officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please notify the individuals capturing the information.