Small Grants for LSA Members
The Law and Society Association announces a new presidential initiative to offer Small Grants for LSA Members for projects that benefit the interdisciplinary field of law and society. The goal of the Small Grants for LSA Members initiative is to encourage and support LSA members in their creative efforts to develop the field of law and society. Projects appropriate for funding might include, for example, specialized conferences, methodological training, topical workshops, research or teaching initiatives, and programs that engage in public outreach on law and society issues.
Proposals must be submitted by one or more current Law and Society Association members, including Student and Special International members. Get more information about membership at www.lawandsociety.org/membership.html.
Proposals should include the following:
- Describe the small grant project (conference, workshop, research, teaching, public outreach).
- Identify the goals and purposes of the small grant project.
- Explain how the small grant project is likely to benefit the field of law and society. In addition, note any specific benefits to Law and Society Association members, including the members submitting the proposal.
- Present and justify a detailed budget. Acceptable file types are pdf, doc, docx. Identify any cost-sharing by other organizations, universities, and individuals. What are your specific plans for receiving and administering the funds? That is, what individual(s) and/or institutional offices(s) will receive and administer the funds?
- Funds must be spent no later than December 31, 2018. A final report for each small grant project is required within 60 days of the conclusion of the activity and no later than February 28, 2019. The final report should include an evaluation of the impact of the grant. Please describe how you will evaluate the project’s impact.
The Board of Trustees has set aside $20,000 to fund the Small Grants for LSA Members during the first year of the initiative.
Deadline for submissions: April 17, 2017
Announcement of committee decisions to applicants: May 22, 2017
Proposals will be evaluated for funding by the members of the Small Grants for LSA Members Committee: Ronit Dinovitzer (chair), Benjamin Fleury-Steiner, and Bronwen Morgan.
For questions, please contact Caitlin McDonald by email at email@example.com.